Rakathon 2022, a 24hrs hackathon competition by Rakuten, is a platform for software professionals, industry experts, freelancers, and budding engineers with the brightest and most innovative minds to develop practical solutions to the real-world problems. Rakathon – a portmanteau of Rakuten and hackathon – echoes Rakuten’s commitment to give back to the world by fostering innovation and an entrepreneurship mindset.
If you believe innovation is the mandate to disrupt the old and tired ways to better the way people live and work in the future, this codefest is tailored for you.
Rakathon is your step to innovation.
Being a global company, Rakuten’s mission is to contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. Therefore, we believe that Rakathon ’22 is the perfect stage for the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. So what are you waiting for? Gather your team, and think of your next big idea.
Rakathon /Code the Future…
ABOUT RAKATHON ‘22
If you are someone with a problem-solving mindset trying to put technology to best use in this regard, Rakathon is your chance to translate your ideas into solutions.
Rakathon has completed three successful iterations and aside from the competition, it has provided networking and mentorship opportunities to the participants. To stay on-trend, the themes for the fourth chapter this year are Sustainability (Green Tech), FinTech, Data Democratization, cloud and Observability.
Team Size: 1 or 4 Member(s)
Event: 22 - 23 July ’22,
Total Number of Themes: 5
Venue : Virtual (ZOOM)
GET! SET! CODE!
RAKATHON 2021 HIGHLIGHTS
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration for Rakathon is FREE
If you love to code, you are more than welcome to participate in the Hackathon.
Yes, multiple ideas can be registered for one team.
No, you cannot change your team once registered
No, the deadline can't be extended for the idea registration.
No, you cannot be a registered as a participant of 2 teams at once for the Event
All shortlisted teams will get participation certificate
No, one does not need to be logged in or be online for the entire duration. You can develop the application on your local system based on the given themes and then submit it on Mettl, on the specific challenge page.
For phase I (Idea submission), demo is not required. For Phase II, demo of your application that is a functional one is required.
Yes, all team members can login from their account and do application submission
A team can consist of 1 to 4 members for registration
You should sign up as an individual and then you can invite other members to your team.
Developer/participant will own the IP(Intellectual Property) Rights of the product/code.
For shortlisted candidates, notifications will be shared through Mettl.
Teams will be judged on the following criteria
1) Novelty / Originality
2) Practicality / Feasibility
3) Usefulness / Desirability
4) Sale-ability / Biz Viability
5) Scalability / Platformization
No, there won't be any kind of training for Rakathon.
It is upto the developer, but Rakuten reserves no responsibility about the veracity of the product being sold.
1) Form teams and register (submit) your idea summary in pfd, word, txt, etc. format. Remember to mention the theme and problem statement the idea pertains to, how the idea proposes to solve the problem, the business impact of the idea, as well as the technological advancement proposed by your idea. Registration dates from 3rd June to 30th June
2) Based on ideas submitted, top 100 ideas/teams will be shortlisted for the 24-hrs Rakathon. Shortlisted teams will be informed on 15th July
3) Shortlisted teams are required to attend the 24-hr virtual hackathon on July 22-23 from 11am onwards on zoom. Here they will be required to develop (code/hack) their idea and create a functional prototype/software solution/etc. which can be presented (demoed) to jury members
4) Out of 100 shortlisted ideas, top 10 will be selected by Jury based on the idea presentation/demo
5) Top 10 teams will present to senior leadership to decide the winners
6) Winners to be announced by 7:30pm IST on 23rd July
The entire idea need not be fully implemented. However, the submission should be functional so that it can be reviewed by the judges.
The Hackathon will take place Virtually on ZOOM
No, there aren't any limitations but any kind of open source libraries, KPI frameworks for the solution will not be provided by Rakathon
No, there aren't any prerequisites for the Rakathon.
Idea submission can be in any format- doc, ppt, docx, txt, pdf, etc. and code submission should be uploaded in Zip format
We do not provide any environment support.
No, IDE and DB will not be provided by us for you to work on ideas.
No, you won't be getting any free credits for using cloud services.
Connect with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries, reach out to us at email@example.com
No, the challenge can only be accessed through a laptop/desktop.